Education was a top priority of the Ohio Company of Associates. From those first efforts to create the Muskingum Academy, follow the “Long Blue Line” from the foundation of Marietta College with stories of a few of the people who built it into one of the top institutions it is today. Learn about the local minister who founded Marietta College, the Civil War sacrifices of three of its valedictorians, the start of the Etta Express and the American League in baseball, the Marietta College Ambulance Corps in World War I, a brave president who was decorated in World War II, and the connection between the college’s first forward football pass and a groundbreaking milestone in the Civil Rights movement.
Tour begins at Mound Cemetery, Fifth and Scammel
- Our tour guide will use an enhanced speaker system to ensure adequate audio levels and social distancing.
Cemetery Tour Tips:
- Tours last up to one hour.
- Walking takes place across uneven ground and between headstones
- You’ll be standing at some locations for around 10 – 15 minutes
- Check the weather and dress accordingly
- Bringing water, walking sticks, or easily carried folding chairs is encouraged
- When you arrive at the cemetery, if you already have a reservation or tickets check-in with the Castle team member with a clipboard.
- Unless otherwise noted, tickets will continue to be sold onsite. Paying for your admission with exact change is appreciated.Member Discounts: If you are currently a Contributing, Patron, or Lifetime member of The Castle, please use coupon code “castlemember” at checkout to apply your membership benefits. (Contributing – $50: Free admission to 2 cemetery tours, Patron – $100: Free admission to 4 cemetery tours, Lifetime – $1,000: Up to 8 free admissions for cemetery tours.)
By purchasing these tickets you consent to the use of photographs from this event being used for promotional purpose.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.