Find your inspiration & begin planning a visit today!
- Sit on the swings and watch the sunset over the river from Point Park.
- Head down to Blennerhassett Island and enjoy a stroll around the grounds. (May-October)
- Walk through Julia-Ann Square Historic District and smell the flowering trees.
- Take a cruise on the Valley Gem. (May-December)
- Rent a kayak from North Bend Outfitters and navigate through the standing trees at North Bend Lake that are home to a large population of red-headed woodpeckers.
- Grab a fishing pole and head to Mountwood Park.
- Put on your hiking shoes and enjoy a trail at North Bend State Park.
- Launch your kayak and paddle the Ohio River Water Trail.
- Attend one of the area’s major events like the Parkersburg Homecoming, Multi-Cultural Festival or the WV State Honey Festival.
- Bring your yoga mat and a friend down to the river for Yoga at Point Park. (Wednesday evenings)
- Join Marietta Adventure Company for their Backwater Fall Foliage Kayaking Trip.
- Listen and learn about history and true crimes during the Haunted Parkersburg Ghost Tours.
- Explore new roads while you take in the fall foliage by motorcycle.
- Load up your ATV and hit the trails at Mountwood’s ATV Park.
- Enjoy a great event like Downtown Throwdown or Mansion by Candlelight.
- See the world from a different perspective by going on a Rock Climbing Quest at North Bend State Park.
- Join the winter lecture series at Blennerhassett Museum.
- Watch a performance at the Smoot Theatre, Actors Guild, or Peoples Bank Theatre.
- Explore the exhibits at the Parkersburg Art Center.
- Learn new techniques during cooking classes at The Cook’s Shop.
- Cozy into a cabin at North Bend State Park.
- Attend a Wine & Dine at The Blennerhassett Hotel, Unicorn Wine Guild, Point Park Marketplace, or House of Wines.