Only have an hour or two in the area? Check out a few points of interest in downtown Parkersburg before getting back on the road! Take a self-guide walking tour through the historic homes district, see oddities such as “burning glass” at the Blennerhassett Museum, or appreciate the exquisite works of art at the Parkersburg Art Center and more!
- Explore three floors of the Blennerhassett Museum & Gift Shop. Regional memorabilia – including prehistoric weapons, jewelry, and oddities such as a “burning glass” – may be found. (Closed on Mondays)
- Browse the Point Park Marketplace located near the floodwall at the end of Ann Street. Inside you will discover dining options, wine, cupcakes, antiques and more.
- Visit the Oil & Gas Museum and learn about the intriguing history of the oil and gas industry, including how the accumulation of wealth from oil impacted West Virginia’s statehood.
- Experience exquisite works of art in the galleries or browse the gift shop at the Parkersburg Art Center.
- Walk into the past with a self-guided tour of Victorian splendor within the Julia-Ann Square Historic District. See the homes of some of the most influential figures in West Virginia’s early history.