Site of the alleged plot by Aaron Burr and Harman Blennerhassett to establish a southwest empire. Features the reconstructed…
Sunset on the River
Paddle to Blennerhassett Island
Paddling from the Point
Parkersburg Paddlefest will be taking place September 16, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will once again coincide with the craft brew and BBQ event Downtown Throwdown.
Parkersburg Paddlefest is a fun-filled three day festival dedicated to people-powered watercraft. Kayaks, Canoes, and Stand-up Paddleboards are welcome to come and participate in this unique event. Point Park, at the confluence of the Ohio and Little Kanawha Rivers, is the setting for the first two day’s activities, and the weekend concludes with a lake excursion on Sunday at North Bend State Park Lake.
- Paddlefest weekend starts off on Friday night at 8 p.m. with a lighted paddle up the Little Kanawha River from Point Park. Electric lights and glow sticks illuminate the group on this opening night event.
- The main event on Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., provides a unique opportunity to paddle a three mile stretch of the Ohio River, from Point Park downriver to Blennerhassett Island and back, while commercial traffic is restricted on the Ohio River. No worries about being run over by barges. Safety watercraft will be on hand to slow private motorized craft passing through. On Blennerhassett Island, the staff and volunteers at Blennerhassett Island Historical State Park will be welcoming Paddlefest participants to tours of the Blennerhassett Mansion, horse-drawn wagon rides, and special events and activities. (an additional fee)
- Temple Challenge, Full Circle Yoga and Appalachian Disc Golf will all be offering additonal activities for those interested once they reach the island.
- Saturday evening, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Paddlefest participants are encouraged to attend “The Downtown Throwdown”. The Throwdown is a craft brew and barbecue blowout that features fantastic food, frosty beverages and live local performers making inspired music! It takes place in Parkersburg’s Bi-centennial Park, just three blocks from Point Park in historic downtown Parkersburg.
- Sunday,11 a.m. - Before heading back home, the festival offers a farewell lake paddling excursion on North Bend State Park Lake. The lake, located about 40 minutes east of Parkersburg in beautiful North Bend State Park, is only 17 years old and still has lots of standing trees in the water which have become habitat for what is arguably the largest congregation of Red-headed woodpeckers in the United States. It offers a scenic and serene final paddling trip with which to end a wonderfully wet weekend!
- Registered Parkersburg Paddlefest Participants are insured by the American Canoe Association (ACA) throughout the duration of the event.
Cick here to purchase your tickets (which automatically registers you) in advance: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/4th-annual-parkersburg-paddlefest-tickets-36191720410
*If you are planning on registering on the morning of Paddlefest, please bring cash of the correct amount of $20 per paddler.
**Please Note: You will need to bring cash if you are interested in taking tours of the Blennerhassett Mansion, horse-drawn wagon ride, or purchasing anything from the concession stand while on Blennerhassett Island. The Temple Challenge, Disc Golf and Full Circle yoga activities are free.
DIRECTIONS: GPS Coordinates for Point Park: 39.266376, -81.566279 - At the base of 2nd street drive through the flood wall and turn left. WATCH for "Kayak Drop Off" and "#PKBPaddlefest" Signs!
Have Questions? Give us a call at 304-428-1130. Any questions may be directed to email@example.com
2017 Parkersburg Paddlefest Partners:
Hours: 7AM to 11PM
Address: 100 2nd Street, Parkersburg, WV 26101
Land Area: 2.8 Acres
Scenic park located on the…
Full Circle Yoga is open to all ages, abilities and levels of experience. Yoga classes, workshops, yoga teacher training, kids yoga…
We play and promote the great sport of Disc Golf. We run leagues, tournaments, sell discs, give lessons, and more. Come by and…
RIVER RUN CAMPGROUND. River Run has a total of 49 camping sites, of which 26 sites have electric hookups. This campground is a…